Joel Laufer has specialized exclusively in bankruptcy and insolvency matters throughout his career. He has 40 years of experience representing debtors, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, creditor committees, and asset purchasers in the following:
- Chapter 7 liquidation cases,
- Chapter 9 municipal reorganization cases,
- Chapter 11 personal bankruptcy cases,
- Chapter 11 business reorganization cases,
- Non-bankruptcy distressed business and personal workouts, and
- Asset purchases from Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy estates.
The firm is or may be considered a debt relief agency as that term is defined in Section 101 of the Bankruptcy Code. In this respect, you should be advised that the law firm represents and assists persons and businesses in filing for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.